Libre Antenne

Parce que les paroles s'envolent, les écrits restent ici.

Vous n'êtes pas identifié(e).

Annonce

#1 2019-03-13 08:12:09

Gamerzone
Écouteur

TERA Online Review -- A MMO Showing Its Age

TERA Online finds itself in an interesting dilemma. Originally released six decades ago on PC, it is finally making the jump to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. A whole new market of gamers can now jump within the Tera Items game's world, but that world is definitely showing some wrinkles. The combat is excellent along with the quests are fun, but the technology surrounding the activity definitely looks like it came from the past.

Being an MMO on a console, accessing all of a character's abilities seems like a tremendous challenge. Without a proper keyboard and mouse, only clicking on an ability to activate it isn't an alternative. The control scheme Bluehole made for TERA on consoles fixes this perfectly: designating L1 as a switch between two rows of perks. Once I figured out where my character's abilities fell on those two rows, selecting the desired attack became eloquent. I am very pleased with Bluehole's decision here, since it matches an already outstanding combat system.

That combat system, in reality, is the very best portion of TERA Online. Typical MMOs make me click on attacks and force me to watch the action unfold. Not so here, as I'm actively participating in each skirmish I encounter. Clear danger paths let me move out of the means of enemy strikes. That active involvement keeps me engaged also, where I had trouble staying interested in different MMOs and the conventional combat system. TERA's battle is easily the best portion of this game, which can be significant in a genre such as an MMO.

I didn't have to wait long to fight , which makes things much better. I was astonished how fast the game delivers me from guide island to the main match. Scoring my first mount just after the starting isle is critical; allowing me get around the huge world was paramount (no pun intended) in keeping my interest. Locating quests to level up me is simple enough too, making building my personality into a powerhouse fast and painless. I kept playing and kept building, staying hooked the whole time. That is another foible of MMOs that TERA does well to avoid: new players like me will never really feel behind the curve.

What is not as enjoyable, however, is the technology surrounding that battle. The artwork style, taking cues from anime and similar cartoon styles, does appeal to the eye. The game can't hide its age however; I immediately see noticeable chips in the armor. Six years worth of patches and upgrades, while successful, can only go so far, and this console version of TERA doesn't succeed in hiding the game's age. There's a very last-gen sense to the game, which Buy Tera Gold will turn off some players directly in the jump. I used ton't mind the dated visuals after a time, but they're certainly noticeable from the get-go.

Pied de page des forums