Libre Antenne

Parce que les paroles s'envolent, les écrits restent ici.

Vous n'êtes pas identifié(e).

Annonce

#1 2020-12-26 02:19:56

BessLineberger
Téléauditeur

MLB Design Face Masks Online Store - Atlanta Braves

The authors, led by Christopher Murray, Institute of Health Metrics and Evaluations, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, show that we can do better than that. But doing better will require action by all of us. If 95 percent of people in the U.S. began wearing masks in public right now, the death toll would drop by March from the projected 510,000 to about 380,000.

Illustration of soap and glasses
Wash your glasses with soapy water. Then shake off the excess and let them air dry, or gently dry them with a soft tissue. Healthcare practitioners who wear glasses or protective goggles (like surgeons) have done this for decades. This technique leaves a thin film that reduces surface tension that builds up from your breath, causing the water molecules to spread out evenly into a transparent layer that defogs your glasses. Shaving cream can also work.Washington Nationals

The tear-down-and-rebuild strategy worked for newly hired GMs in Houston, in Chicago, in Atlanta, and to a lesser but still consequential extent in Milwaukee, and it appears to have worked in San Diego and the South Side of Chicago. All those teams made the playoffs on schedule, and most ended up with their best teams in decades. So what happened to the Phillies, and what does it tell us about rebuilding?Colorado Rockies

Baseball writer Jay Jaffe has developed a stat called JAWS (Jaffe Wins Above Replacement Score). By averaging a player’s career WAR with their total WAR from their seven best seasons, JAWS is often used to determine the worthiness of a player for the Hall of Fame. Allen’s JAWS is 52.3, 17th-highest among third basemen in history, although slightly lower than the average for the third basemen already inducted (55.7). Jaffe still believes Allen deserves induction.Boston Red Sox

"If they offered me Babe Ruth, I wouldn't trade him," John Middleton said angrily in a phone conversation, adding Ted Williams and Mike Schmidt to Ruth's name for good measure. "I have authorized no one to have a conversation about trading him."

Well, in Orlando a couple of years ago, I found myself in line to get food behind Bill James. I'm not unlike many baseball writers and wanna-be analysts -- James has had and continues to have a profound impact on the way I think about the game. We also happen to have both been raised in the rural Midwest. I was introduced to him once years ago at a SABR event in Kansas City, but it was awkward and fleeting, so I knew he didn't recognize me. I followed him through the food line, which had to take at least 10 minutes. I encountered him again waiting for the elevator, then rode up the elevator with him for a few floors, just the two of us. I may have nodded at him at some point, but no words were exchanged.

"The first and foremost job of being a Philadelphia Eagle in to be a good teammate," Kelce said. "And that entails giving of yourself to others everything you can to help the person next to you succeed. So, obviously, it's a bad situation personally for the careers of some guys, but we have a good team here in terms of everybody wants everyone to do well. We have a good culture.Atlanta Braves

Pied de page des forums