Libre Antenne

Parce que les paroles s'envolent, les écrits restent ici.

Vous n'êtes pas identifié(e).

Annonce

#1 2019-03-01 02:12:00

panxing18
Transcripteur

Dak Prescott took plenty of time away from the cameras

trying to explain why he thinks the Dallas offense is close to breaking through the struggles most responsible for the Cowboys' losing record.The quarterback at one point looked for help in his description from Cole Beasley http://www.dallascowboysteamonline.com/ … nes-jersey , the receiver who sounded off recently about the frustration his group feels in a sound bite that was perceived as a shot at Prescott.In short, Prescott sees no issues of unity with the Cowboys (2-3) trying for the third time to get back to .500 with a home game coming off a rough road trip. Jacksonville (3-2) visits Sunday."That's why I give these guys a lot of credit because we talk, we communicate," Prescott said Thursday. "There's not any beef or any tension from when I go see them on the sideline. It's great communication. They allow me to do that and we can be straightforward with each other."Newcomer Allen Hurns has joined Beasley in trying to defend a receiving corps struggling to replace Jason Witten and Dez Bryant and getting the criticism that figured to go with it.The former Jaguars player also caused a stir by suggesting that a particularly poor play call resulted in Prescott's second interception against Houston in a 19-16 overtime loss.Hurns didn't back down, but coach Jason Garrett and Prescott didn't necessarily agree that the call was so terrible. Offensive coordinator Scott Linehan brushed it off as a non-issue."I don't put any stock in that as being critical," Linehan said. "I'm the first one if you had a better play against that coverage to say we could have a better call there. You don't have to put that on Allen Hurns. He's busting his butt and we're really happy with what he's doing."The Cowboys have the 30th-ranked passing offense in the NFL and the second-fewest touchdowns. The receivers haven't really earned the right to second-guess because they aren't producing.But everyone agrees it's a combination of protection, Prescott's accuracy and their shortcomings."That kind of comes with the territory here," Beasley said of the criticism. "And I do feel like we've gotten a lot of it. But a lot of other people have too. So it's not just us. It's just kind of how it goes. Whether it's true or not, we've still got to go in and just do our job."The Cowboys have the NFL rushing leader in Ezekiel Elliott, but Prescott is still close to the bottom of the league in key passing efficiency categories two years after setting a rookie passer rating record as NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year.To illustrate how he thinks the team is close, Prescott points to a play late in regulation against Houston when tight end Blake Jarwin was open for a big gain but J.J. Watt got to the quarterback before he could make the throw. Had the Cowboys converted that play, they likely would have been in position to kick a winning field goal."That's why you can't let outside of here seep into your head or get into your head Authentic Zack Martin Jersey ," Prescott said. "You watch the game, you don't necessarily see that. So you just hear negative all this. We're this close."As the Cowboys keep working to get there, Garrett has no concerns about a divided locker room."We've got the right kind of guys on our team who go about it the right way every day," Garrett said. "I have the good fortune of spending time with them at meetings, walkthroughs and practice every day. They absolutely handle themselves like pros who support each other."Elliott used a few expletives to try to illustrate how he believes his teammates are accountable."There's enough accountability in this locker room that there's not going to be any finger-pointing," the star running back said.NOTES: DE David Irving returned to practice after a longer-than-expected excused absence to deal with an ongoing custody issue involving his young daughter. Irving was eligible last week after starting the season on a four-game suspension for violating the league's substance-abuse policy. He practiced one day but left the team again to deal with the personal issue. The Cowboys decided to keep him out of the game against the Texans. ... Dallas signed CB C.J. Goodwin from Cincinnati's practice squad and S Darian Thompson from Arizona's practice squad. Dallas added RB Darius Jackson to its practice squad, replacing former Alabama RB Bo Scarbrough. ... LB Sean Lee (hamstring) went through individual drills but was listed as a non-participant in practice. He is expected to miss his third straight game. Jaylon Smith makes himself presentable for the cameras, then turns to his locker to grab one last thing before starting an interview: the neck pad given to him by hard-nosed defensive coordinator Rod Marinelli to acknowledge the Dallas linebacker's physical style of play.The former Notre Dame standout is proud of the memento. It still hangs loosely around his neck in front of reporters weeks after he got it, while Smith invariably gets another question about the painstaking recovery from a devastating left knee injury in his final college game.Smith is doing more than just playing again two years after owner and general manager Jerry Jones gambled early in the draft on a player considered a top prospect before the career-threatening injury.He has helped the defense surge into the top five while Sean Lee missed three games with a hamstring injury, when the opposite often happened in recent years during the oft-injured two-time Pro Bowler's absences. The Cowboys (3-3) visit Washington (3-2) on Sunday."It's just about doing my job and understanding the player that Jerry drafted," Smith said. "He believed in me. The Cowboys organization believed in me, that I would get back to this point of being a top-five pick. It's not a surprise to me. It's expected. It was just a matter of time."With Lee out Authentic Tyron Smith Jersey , Smith has a key companion in rookie first-round pick Leighton Vander Esch, who leads the Cowboys with 60 tackles while Smith has 57. No other Dallas defender has more than 35.But the 2015 All-America at Notre Dame is the middle linebacker making most of the calls and displaying leadership skills that attracted the Cowboys to him in the first place, when Dallas and plenty of other teams were wondering if he could play again.A case in point is also one of Smith's signature plays this season. Before sprinting to the sideline to deliver a hard shoulder hit that stopped Houston quarterback Deshaun Watson on fourth down near the goal line, Smith told DeMarcus Lawrence, "I got you."That was Smith's way of turning Dallas' star pass rusher loose on Watson, and believing he could clean up the play wherever Watson decided to scramble."It's just the trust, the growth and my leadership and my respect on this team," Smith said. "People understanding that they can count on me and this team believes that."Smith probably wouldn't have done that during his inconsistent debut a year ago, when it was generally acknowledged by coach Jason Garrett and others that he was forced to play too much because of injuries at linebacker and struggled as a result.This season, Smith is no longer playing with a foot brace designed to help overcome the nerve damage associated with tearing a ligament in his knee during Notre Dame's 44-28 loss to Ohio State in the Orange Bowl on New Year's Day 2016.Marinelli says Smith's change of direction and lateral movements are the biggest differences from last season."And he's more comfortable," Marinelli said. "Sometimes a guy can look a little bit slower, or hesitant when you don't really know what you're doing. It's our job is to make the complex simple for them Womens Maliek Collins Jersey , the irregular regular so they can see it and play fast. It takes time to do that."Marinelli's schemes haven't been big on blitzing since he came to Dallas, but Smith's skills and the aggressive philosophy of new passing game coordinator Kris Richard have changed that.Smith is second to Lawrence with three sacks and has eight QB pressures — three more than the rest of the Dallas linebackers combined."He might be one of the better blitzing linebackers I've been around," Marinelli said. "He's physical. He's fast. He is playing lights out."Asked if the play on the goal line against Watson could be one of those definitive moments in Smith's development, Garrett shot back, "Which one?"That was Garrett's way of saying the Cowboys have seen plenty of big plays from Smith this season. Smith says the same thing. And it fits with Garrett's feeling that there was never one moment where he said to himself, "Jaylon Smith is back."The Cowboys knew more about Smith's injury than most because team physician Dr. Dan Cooper performed the surgery. Garrett has always stopped short of calling that the primary factor in their decision to draft him."We heard so many great things about him as a guy," Garrett said. "Anybody who has any chance of coming back from an injury like he had, it really started there, the kind of person he is. I think that's shown through here the last couple of years."It used to show behind the scenes at the Cowboys' facility. Now it's showing on the field. Custom Los Angeles Rams Jerseys

Pied de page des forums